Monday, October 12, 2009

Not Me! Monday








Hello, my friends! How 'bout a little MckMama style Not-Me-ing?

Okay, here goes...

I did NOT get busy & forget to update our blog for a while, then get too overwhelmed with catching it up and then procrastinate until it had been almost 3 months since I last posted! I most certainly did outgrow the slacker tendencies that I thought were so cool in high school.

I also did NOT finally decide to stop procrastinating and create a new post today after seeing the sweet prize MckMama is giving away today to a Not-Me-er. I obviously know that she will not randomly choose me from the thousands of participants and I will have to continue drooling over the luscious prize that I absolutely can not afford right now.

I definitely did NOT relocate the pack-n-play to the back door this morning while I cleaned the kitchen so that Sam could play with Tucker through the window without me having to worry about him eating Eli's crumbs off the floor. There are never EVER bits of food on my floor.

While we're at it, I did NOT whisper in the ear of my almost 3 year old to suggest that he take his book to our Peruvian lunch guests yesterday afternoon... Because of course I already know how to pronounce the Spanish words in it perfectly and would never bother those precious people with an impromptu Spanish lesson. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm way too cool for that.

Also, for the record, I have not also been guilty (on more than one occasion) of MckMama's laundry and foot cleaning antics. Oh wait, I forgot! Neither is she!

Okay, y'all. Sorry for the long absence. I promise to have a real update post with lots of pictures very very soon!

post signature

9 comments:

ellen said...

hey amber!! of course i remember you!! and yes i am in peru.. i have about one more year... it's going great! i love it! i just moved to a city, cusco, and it's great! small world that y'all do work down here! where do yall work when you come down here?? and do you know the names of the missionaries in Lima? i lived in there for about 6 months so i met a few people... well if you get to come down within the next year, please let me know!! it was great to hear from you!

ellen said...

oh yeah.. i know kevin and his wife pam.. they are great!! i am doing journeyman.. i'm almost at my one year mark.. so i'll be here about another year! i work with reapsouth.. we work with/in villages in the southern part of peru.. so let me know when you come down!! who knows where exactly i'll be but i might be around there..

Michelle McArdle said...

Hey,
I wish we lived closer and hang out too! I know Olivia and Jack would love your boys!!! I need your email address...will you please send it to me? Mine is mnm120702@yahoo.com
Love and miss you
Michelle

Jac said...

Ooo... putting the pack-n-play near the backdoor... I wish I'd have thought of that! (I'm coming up with ways to distract my little one so I can clean...)

I love the way you wrote this post :) Scattered, but it flows! LOVE IT!

Jac @ Wuzzle makes three .com

Jeri Ann said...

weird question. Amanda did write on my blog and i wrote on hers. when i posted it showes my picture to the side. BUT when i wanted to follow her blog my picture doesn't appear. Why? I tried fixing it but don't know how to do it. I picked to follow publicly but my pic still didn't appear. help.

Traci Michele said...

Hi there! Nice to meet you. Found you over at MckMama's blog.

Hope you are having a great Wednesday. I'm now a follower of your blog.

Hugs,
Traci

Audra Laney said...

Amber, I was reading through your blog after I was totally floored at your super nice comment, and noticed you haven't updated in almost a year! LOL. I thought I was all caught up on your little family and realized I'm still way behind! LOL. Anyway....small world! I'm so glad you came and introduced yourself. :) The change to being a SAHM (with one income--yikes!) isn't always easy, but I'll say it's been 100% worth every little sacrifice. I still thank God all the time for allowing us this blessing and desire of our hearts. Congrats on your decision and good luck with the move forward!

Renee said...

Amber...I just read your comment over on Pioneer Woman and wanted to tell you about something that I recently found! I have a 6,4,and2 year old so I am doing HS with my 2 and 4 yr old too....I found a preschool program by http://www.clp.org/store/by_course/1Rod and Staff that starts with "About Three"

Amber said...

Renee, thanks for the info... I'll have to check that out!

Post a Comment