Sorry it's been such a long time... I've been busy playing with my new camera! Here are a few pics from our first photo shoot. (note to all my photographer friends: PLEASE feel free to give any advice!!!) I had a little trouble with the autofocus... I suppose I should focus manually, but I really need glasses/ contacts, so it's pretty much impossible until I break down and go see my buddy, Elizabeth, the Optometrist!
So anyway, here are some of my most recent photos of the boys...
The day I got my first prime lens, Eli & I went outside to play in his favorite mud puddle.
Then, the next day was Sam's big 6 month (impromptu) photo shoot. I literally grabbed the outfit out of the dryer, ironed it really quickly, grabbed a few blankets & Sam, and headed out into the front yard... But (I think) some of the pictures actually turned out pretty well, considering the photographer!
This first one is a shout out to our Eagles... Omaha bound!!!!
Aren't they just precious?!??!?!?
Well, as far as updates go, things are going great! Sam actually learned to sit up for long periods of time during his photo shoot. Also, he got his first tooth the next day! We're currently working on tooth #2. I keep thinking it will pop through any second now, but so far, it hasn't.
Today, he started "scooting".... head down, bulldozer-style! He also babbles all the time. I think he may turn out to be a talker like his brother and daddy! Today we went for his 6 months check up... Stats: 17 pounds, 2 ounces; 26 inches tall; 44 cm head circumference.... 100% wonderful!
Eli is such a big boy! He is doing great with potty training. Still in diapers at night, just in case, but he wakes up dry about 95% of the time! He also just behaves like such a big boy... Talking in full sentences- complete with articles, adjectives, adverbs, prepositions, & pronouns... so amazing! And he loves helping taking care of "baby Sam." He even has his own child-rearing philosophy: More is better!





2 comments:
Those are sweet pictures! I had to look twice at the linkadoos piled on the baby to see if the baby was real! How cute!
I've been reading MCK since last October and still do. At times, specifically when the entire ordeal with Stellan's heart began, I felt emotionally exploited - she DOES drive up her blog hit counts to support her family. You couldn't move in the blogosphere without coming across her site.
That aside, Jennifer and I took our issues off line and seemed to come eye to eye on why we disagreed and that mostly we do agree on a lot of things. I appreciated her taking the time to hear me out about some of the concerns I had.
In March I had concerns about the clarity of her blog and the direction not heading where this April Rose thing did - you can see how many people are upset for praying for something that wasn't real or even entirely true. People are very invested - their time, their energy, their resources. I still have struggled so deeply with wondering if Christianity is just a scam and I wasn't even involved in reading the april rose blog, but it was one more log on the fire of the argument I have against Christianity. I have loved God since I was four! I was surprised to find myself on the side of agnostic or atheist arguments by the beginning of this year. Do you see how easy it is for people to follow along if something is branded for Jesus? Churches do the same thing by selling whatever people will buy. It's very discouraging to me. That's a long story that goes farther back than MCK.
Anyway, I think J is a very gifted writer, manages her blog well, is obviously a talented photographer, is artistic and writes from the perspective of having an ongoing column. I know from having more personal discussions with her that she wants to do the right thing.
You have a great heart - it's nice of you to even comment on my blog again to see how that turned out. It sort of restores some of my hope in humanity.
Your kids pictures are so, so sweet.
Thanks for your other comment. We were busy this week getting ready to leave for an overnight trip to a new indoor water park.
Thanks for your prayers. I do need them. :o)
Post a Comment