I have been reading a really great blog for a little while now (since I started this one, actually) called "My Charming Kids". In it, MckMama "fesses up" each Monday about mommy sins & faux pas she's committed during the past week, and encourages her blog followers and fellow moms to do likewise... So, in the spirit of being brutally honest, here goes!
1) I most certainly did NOT become desperate and frustrated enough with my unruly hair to go and get it all chopped off... Literally- the longest hair on my head is now 1 inch long! (Okay, so that was actually almost 2 weeks ago, but I still haven't recovered.)
2) I also did not get 3 haircuts within a 4 day time period, because I would never be silly enough to get my hair whacked off on Tuesday, then go back and ask for it to be even shorter on Wednesday, then go somewhere else on Friday to "shape things up to grow out a little" because Wednesday's cut was actually a little more aggressive than I had in mind! Because I know that only a completely selfish girl who had nothing better to do would drag her 2 babies along for something ridiculous as that... Nope, that was definitely not me!
3) I also did not volunteer for "Lack Of Work" on Friday night because Sam completely refused his bedtime bottle... I most definitely did not assume that, because he had never before refused a feeding, he must certainly be sick and would wake up at least once during the night and need his mama, only to find that he slept until 8:00 am without so much as a whimper. Nope, I certainly had enough mother's intuition to know over the phone that he was fine!
4) Finally, I most certainly would never laugh at Eli's potty chart upon realizing that he had chosen to place each of his reward stickers according to the Sesame Street character on it.... and then actually think about secretly moving the 2 stickers (Elmo & Grover) who were bold enough to go against the flow and swap places... Because I realize that it is definitely not a good thing for my OCD tendencies to be rubbing off on my sweet child at the tender age of 2!
.... For the record, I definitely did not also laugh when Gigi hung the chart and Eli rushed over to straighten it so that it was perfectly level.... Definitely not.




3 comments:
you MUST post a pic of the hair cut!!
Perhaps I will be brave enough soon...
O.K...I had no idea about this McMama blog...WOW! Luv it!Thanx
I also didn't know that you did not like your hair very much...I think it's hot momma-stylin profilyn!! Alot of people love it...KK, Milisa and Maria Naramore mentioned how they luv it at our CG meeting Friday. You shouldn't be soo hard on yourself...you'll be cutting it again before you know it!!
Post a Comment