Monday, March 16, 2009

Now you know...

Yes, now you know why I hesitated to start a family blog.... It's because I'm TERRIBLE at this sort of thing... So here's a little peek at what we've been doing the past month:

1...  I actually got a few pictures of Sam smiling with at least his diaper on.  Isn't he precious?!?! Yes, that is his diaper! Bless his heart, I tried about 4 different kinds of disposable diapers and wipes and every kind of diaper cream I could find before resorting to trying cloth diapers... Then his 6 weeks of horrible diaper rash resolved within 1 day and he's been all smiles ever since!

2... The blue tricycle arrived and Eli and I couldn't wait for Grant to get home, so we put it together ourselves (in the middle of the kitchen floor with my pink tool set) and took it for a spin.  He LOVES it!
3... Time changed! We were so excited to get to go play on the church playground while Grant was at FAITH one night. Eli's favorites were the swirly slide and the police car.  Sam was just happy to be outside for a change.



Other news...
I started back to work a couple nights a week.  It's really fun to get to see my work buddies that I'd been missing, but we're having to make some adjustments at home to let me get a little sleep sometimes.

Grant's been really busy at church, starting the new semester of 365 and FAITH, so he's been getting home at around 8 every night... The good news is "the ball is rolling" so hopefully we'll get to see him more now!

Eli went to story time at the library with his buddies and had a BLAST listening to "5 Little Monkeys" but then left in alligator tears after a big mean girl bit him!!! He still has a mark, 3 weeks later! Maybe now he won't be a biter?

Eli has really been cracking us up with the stuff he says... He learned Ephesians 6:1 not too long ago and has proudly been declaring, "Cheerehn obey yur peerents inna Lord, for dis is RIGHT!"

So the other day, I was singing to Sam and Eli commanded me to "Stop dat singing, right now, Mama!" 
When I reminded him that he was not the boss, he said, "I'm a cheerehn!" 
Me: (trying not to laugh) That's right, buddy!
Eli: (shaking his head for emphasis as he stresses each word) I'm not a peerent. I don't have any cheerehn.
Me: (now laughing uncontrollably) That's right.

post signature

4 comments:

meurrier said...

Did you do your blog header? I want a cute one but I don't know how to do it! Your's looks great!

Amber said...

aww... you're so sweet- I have no idea what i'm doing! Yes, I actually did make it...
If you're interested in how to do it: Basically you have to make it in a program on your computer and then save it online (like at photobucket.com) then put the url for that in the blank in the header box on your layout page...
If you want, I could try to make one for you... Just let me know what you want on it :)

meurrier said...

what program do you use in your computer?

Amber said...

i actually did it in power point because i don't have photoshop or publisher or anything like that.

Post a Comment